Our Latest UK Teaching Jobs
Impact teachers specialise in providing UK teacher jobs for residents of countries including the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. We work with thousands of schools throughout the UK (Including London) and regularly post our job vacancies here.
For over a decade we have been highlighting education jobs in the UK and actively filling these placements with international candidates. Teaching jobs are readily available now & we are looking for candidates such as yourself to effectively fill these positions.
If you don’t see something of interest here please give us a call or contact us here.
Director of Science
A well-established Academy in Luton is seeking a passionate and strong educator to fill the position of Director of Science from after the May Half Term Holiday. This a permanent position with a salary within the high leadership scale (L7-L9).
Ideal candidates will be a lead practitioner and will be striving to take on a new challenge in their career OR be experienced as a Head of Department or Subject Lead, looking for a natural progression.
This is an exciting time to be part of the Academy, having undergone an extensive renovation, with the installation of state of the art educational facilities, and the implementation of a new and strong leadership team aiming for excellence in all areas.
About the Academy
- A large Secondary School with an attached Sixth Form
- Located in the hub of Bedfordshire, just outside the city of Luton
- The school has recently been refurbished with state-of-the art facilities across all departments, and will be heading towards opening a Football Academy in partnership with the local professional football team
- As part of a wider trust, school staff are well-supported through cross-Academy CPD and a close-knit social community.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop and implement policies and practices for Science, which reflect the Academy's commitment to teaching and learning;
- Lead a strong team in supporting its members to aspire to continuously develop their own standards and skills in teaching;
- Data analysis to ensure effective and progressive plans are in place to support individual and group performance;
- Develop and deliver courses in line with the UK curriculum for Science at KS3-5;
- Provide guidance on the choice of appropriate teaching methods;
- Conduct observations across the department to ensure quality of teaching.
To be considered for the role of Science Director in Luton, all candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
- Appropriate experience in Science teaching;
- Possible experience as Head of Department/Subject Lead;
- Recognised teaching qualifications;
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure;
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK.
If this seems like the right role for you, apply now! Contact Alex at Impact Teachers!
Impact Teachers is an established London based Education agency. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, race, gender, nationality, personal, political or religious affiliation. Every application is important to us, however if you do not hear from us within 72 hours, your application has not been successful at this time.