Privacy Notice – Updated 21st May 2018
Impact Teachers Limited is a recruitment business, which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Company must process data (including sensitive data) so that it can provide these services.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as through an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you use your data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Collection and Use a. Purpose and Basis
The Company will collect your data (which may include sensitive data) and will process your data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. This includes for example, contacting you about job opportunities, assessing your suitability for those opportunities, updating our databases, putting you forward for job opportunities, arranging payroll services for you and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
In some cases, we may be required to use your data for the purpose of investigating, reporting and detecting crime and to comply with laws that apply to us. We may also use your information during the course of internal audits to demonstrate our compliance with certain industry standards.
The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Your consent
- Where we have a legitimate interest
- To comply with a legal obligation that we have
- To fulfill a contractual obligation that we have with you
b. Legitimate Reasons
The Company has a legitimate reason to process your data, as you would reasonably expect from us. Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your data our legitimate interests include:
- Managing our database and keeping our work-seeker records up to date;
- Contacting you to seek your consent where required;
- Providing work-finding services to you, including sending your information to our clients where you have demonstrated an interest in doing that particular type of work but not expressly consented to us passing on your cv;
- Contacting you with information about similar services to those that you have used from us recently; and
- Passing work-seeker’s information to payroll providers and if necessary debt collection agencies.
The Company will process your data with the following recipients:
- Clients that we introduce or supply individuals too
- Former or prospective employers who we obtain or provide references too
- Any Trade Body we may be a member of at the time the data is provided
- Any third parties who carry out audits to ensure our business is run correctly
- Payroll service providers and umbrella companies who manage your payroll on your behalf
- Any other agency in the supply chain
- Our insurers and legal advisers in place at the time
- Social networks
- Our IT and CRM providers
- Any public information source and third party organisation that we may use to carry out suitability tests (including but not limited to the Disclosure and Barring Service, Disclosure and Barring Service Umbrella bodies and the National College for Teaching and Learning).
- Government agencies and regulators
- Any of our group companies
- Any other organisations which you ask us to share your information with
d. Statutory Requirements
Your data is required by law and/or for contractual reasons (e.g. including but not limited to right to work documentation, checks regarding suitability for a role and as our clients may require the information) and/or as a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the data and if you do not the consequences of failing to provide the data include:
- Impact Teachers Limited being unable to introduce you to a client
- Impact Teachers Limited being unable to supply you to a client
- Impact Teachers Limited being unable to provide you with work
2. Overseas Transfers
The Company may transfer the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
The Company will retain your data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it. Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time. Where the Company has obtained your consent to process your data we do so in line with statutory, legal and trade body advised retention guidelines (details of which are contained at the end of this notice).
4. Individual Privileges
Please be aware that you have the following data protection privileges:
- To be informed about the data the Company processes on you;
- Access to the data the Company processes on you;
- To rectification of your data if incorrect data is held;
- To erasure of data in specific circumstances;
- To restrict processing of data;
- To data portability in specific circumstances;
- To object to the processing of data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- To not be subjected to automated decision making and
- To withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your data you can withdraw that consent by contacting hr @ impactteachers.com.
There may be circumstances where the Company still needs to process your data. We will inform you if this is the case and restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that the Company holds is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us at hr @ impactteachers.com we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
If you have any issues with the privacy notice or procedures please contact hr @ impactteachers.com. The company will aim to resolve all issues internally prior to any involvement with a supervisory authority.
Minimum Retention Guidelines:
Work seeker and Hirer Records – 1 year from last date of providing work-finding services
Terms of Engagement – 6 years
References – 1 year
Right to Work Documents – 2 years once engagement ends
Payroll/Financial Documentation – 3 to 6 years dependent on the type of data