Are you looking forward to the bank holiday weekend but stuck for ideas on what to do? Well, we have 10 great ideas that might take your fancy.
- Brighton – Fancy some seaside fun? With less than a 2-hour train journey, this is a bank holiday hot spot. You could get some fish and chips, have a funfair ride on the pier or enjoy an ice-cream and walk along the sea front. Whether it be nightlife, the arts scene or festivals Brighton packs something for everyone.
- Oxford – If you have a love for architecture then Oxford could be the trip for you. With lots to see including the 12th century prestigious university, medieval buildings, beautiful streets and the river Cherwell. You could take a trip down the river, grab some lunch in the sun or take a walking tour.
- Windsor – This is less than an hour from London, home to the famous Windsor Castle- the actual residence of the Queen! There are lots of things to do here, whether a cream tea takes your fancy, a boat trip along the Thames or a venture through the quaint streets. Take your pick as there is so much on offer,
- Stonehenge – One of the world’s most famous prehistoric monuments in Wiltshire. With its unique stone circle dating back from 2500 BC. This one is not to be missed if you get the chance to visit! Pack a picnic and get your camera ready.
- Bath – you won’t need to look far for exciting things to do in Bath. You may want to visit the famous Roman Baths and unwind in the natural hot springs or take a dip in a rooftop pool. Bath is packed with impeccable architecture and history. With so much on offer, it’s impossible where to begin. Check it out for yourself.
- Cambridge – This is a very famous University town packed with history, picturesque riverside, leafy green meadows surrounding the city. Activities on offer include a punting tour, walking tour and many more.
- Thorpe Park or Chessington world of Adventures – If a theme park is your kind of fun. This is a great trip for a thrill seeker. Both packed with fun rides. A great day trip for all of the family.
- Box Hill – This is a fun hike for all of the family. With stunning views, great picnic spots and only just over an hour out of London, this is a great trip for walking enthusiasts. So pack your picnic and water bottle and your stroll on!
- Stratford upon Avon – the birth place of the famous William Shakespeare. This medieval market town is packed with history. This is an Instagram picture worthy place with pretty streets, amazing architecture, picnic hotspots, a butterfly farm and Tudor world. Check it out for yourself!
- Wine tasting in the county of Kent – If a relaxing trip to the Kent countryside sounds interesting. Then how about a wine tour? Visit some beautiful vineyards, while tasting their produce and experience some of the most iconic wine estates in England.
I hope you have found some of these interesting and it has helped you towards a fun packed and interesting bank holiday weekend. Let us know if you go to any of these destinations over the bank holiday!